Search

Custom Search

Sunday, July 22, 2007

when it's time to change, then it's time to change

So as most of you know by now, FeedBurner is now part of Google and I'm now working on the AdSense Product Management team helping integrate all we built over the last three years into Google.

So far, it's been a blast.  I've always kind of been a tech junkie and Google is tech junkie's heaven, so there you go.  More than that, it's hard to find a work environment anywhere with such a collection of intelligent, talented people. It's a big company, so of course there are elements of a big company creeping into the culture, but I have to say it's less like a bigco than any other bigco at which I've ever worked.

At any rate, I worked a lot on the acquisition, and pretty early on I decided I would jump in right away with both feet and think of myself as a Google employee and no longer a FeedBurner founder.  I've been part of acquisitions before where we were allowed to stay totally separate and keep operating as we had always been as a startup, but I knew that wasn't the path to success for FB inside of Google - it was such a peanut butter/chocolate situation with Google where it was clear to see how we could each accelerate what we were trying to build so I had absolutely no issues with jumping in under these parameters.  So I made the decision on June 1 to not look back.

Part of that has been a full dive into using Google tools.   Personally, I don't know how I lived without Apps before this.  Anyone with a small company should definitely look at using this internally.

But also, I'm moving this blog to Blogger!   And so far I'm glad - It's come a helluva long way since I last checked it out.  It's fast and responsive, and there's a whole bunch of new tools that I didn't know existed.

If you subscribed to the old feed, it should just continue to work as always. So follow me over here if you care or dare.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails