Search

Custom Search

Friday, November 19, 2010

iPad and iPhone version of The Economist free for paper subscribers

The Economist is one of three paper magazines I still read.  The other two are soccer magazines.   I haven't tried this out yet, but I just received this in my inbox.   I'm curious to try it out and see if will reduce the number of paper publications I read to two.  And as a subscriber I love the model that it's included in my subscription.



Dear S Olechowski

I am delighted to announce the global launch of The Economiston iPhone®, iPad™ and iPod touch®.
From today, the full print edition will be available to download for reading on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by 9pm London time (4pm New York time) each Thursday.
We have reformatted the newspaper to make the most of these devices while retaining the familiar feel of The Economist, with all the articles, charts, maps and images from each week's print edition.
All articles are fully cached for reading even when you don't have an internet connection. And we have included our audio edition so you can listen to every article, read by professional newscasters, with easy switching between reading and listening.
Full access to The Economist via the apps is included with your current subscription. 
To get The Economist on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, simply download our free app for your device, then log in using your Economist online e-mail address and password. 

Yours sincerely
Oscar Grut

Oscar Grut
Managing director, digital editions

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails