Search

Custom Search

Friday, November 30, 2007

Uncovered: Evidence that Mac OS X could run Windows apps soon [ars technica]

Uncovered: Evidence that Mac OS X could run Windows apps soon

I like Ars Technica, but even if this is true, I'm not sure it really matters. Most people I know try Parallels or VMware just to ween them off of Windows, then after a while, they stop using Parallels at all except for when they have to. ( I still use parallels to occasionally run Yahoo! Music) but I think I'll convert 100% to Rhapsody when my subscription runs out.

IE7 over Parallels might be the fastest browser on the Mac (try it, if you don't believe me) but try running IE7 over Wine over X, and you will see just how sucky of an experience this is:

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/11/30/run-ie-on-your-intel-mac-if-you-absolutely-have-to/

( I tried it and regretted it - don't waste your time).

The one thing I would love compatibility for is full-screen games. I just bought another copy of Civ IV yesterday for the Mac after giving up trying to run the Windows copy over Parallels.

1 comment:

Pete Kazanjy said...

I'd like to respectfully disagree about Parallels and IE7 being the fastest browser on the Mac.

I would encourage you to give VMware Fusion a spin as your virtualization platform for your Mac. It's pretty zippy, and is based on the industry's leading virtualization engine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails